A road map for late-life divorce
Divorce can be emotionally devastating at any time, but the emotional and financial challenges are even greater for people who divorce later in life and can face complicated issues of blended families, health care concerns, and retirement planning.
Attorney Janice Green brings 30-plus years of experience as a divorce lawyer, and in particular her experience counseling clients over 50, to Divorce After 50. She addresses:
- • Divorce options (including mediation and collaborative divorce)
• How to receive the best guidance from lawyers and professional advisers
• Dividing marital property fairly
• Retirement plan rules
• Spousal support (alimony)
• How divorce affects estate planning
• Keeping good health care (updated to include new rules under the Affordable Care Act)
The book also includes divorce survival stories that illustrate your options and provide encouragement. They got through it, and with the help of Divorce After 50, you can, too.