When it comes to a child’s sense of family, what divorce breaks apart, solid co-parenting rebuilds. With a tested “here’s how” approach, The Co-Parents’ Handbook helps parents confidently take on the challenges of raising children in two homes.
Addressing parents’ questions about the emotional impact of separation, conflict, grief and recovery, the authors skillfully provide a road map for all members of the family to safely navigate through separation/divorce and beyond. Parents discover through practical guidance how to move from angry/hurt partners to constructive, successful co-parents.
The pages are chock-full of helpful strategies to resolve day-to-day issues in an easy-to use format.This book is here to answer questions, help parents co-parent and ensure kids thrive! We will show you ways to:
- Successfully work through difficult feelings while forming your “business of co-parenting relationship”
- Build a mutually respectful co-parenting relationship
- Keep your children front and center while protecting them from adult conflict and concerns
- Understand your children’s needs as they navigate the loss and change of divorce
- Help your children build resilience and competence in the face of family change
- Implement strategies and protocols for day-to-day living in a two-home family that work